If you are an international student from a visa-exempt country coming here for short term training for less than 6 months, you do not need a student visa. According to new regulations, you do however need to apply for an electronic Travel Authorisation (eTA) which takes around 5 minutes to complete. Immigration policies and changes happen often though, so to ensure you have the most updated information, check the Immigration Department website for more details.

In any case, if you are interested to come and complete all your flight training from Private Pilot Licence all the way to Commercial Pilot Licence and Multi-IFR ratings, or to work here after getting your licence, we still suggest you apply for a student visa which will in turn help you with the Post-graduation Work Permit when you finish your training.

We are a Designated Learning Institute (DLI) and we will provide you with DLI number and an official letter of acceptance for you to apply for the visa here (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/student.asp).

There is a fee of $125 dollars for the application and you may also need to provide your passport details, police records, bank statement detailing how you will support yourself while studying here.

If you are bringing your family along, Canada allows spouses and children of international students to be on dependent visas. When you apply for your student visa, complete the application together.